Mocha Protein Pancakes
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Serves: 1-3 people
- 3 1/2 tsp instant coffee granules mixed with 3 Tbsp boiling water then cooled down in the refrigerator
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup Bondi Protein Co Vanilla Protein Powder or any vanilla protein powder
- 2 Tbsp cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce/puree
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk or any thin non-dairy milk of choice
- 1-3 Tbsp coconut oil, for frying
- Maple syrup
- Zebra Dream Ice-cream
- Icing sugar
- Ice-cream cones
- In a mug, add coffee granules and stir in the boiling water, mix well until coffee has dissolved. Set in the refrigerator to cool down.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, protein powder, cacao and sugar, mix well.
- Pour in liquid coffee, apple sauce and almond milk, whisk until smooth and well combined, removing any lumps. NOTE: You want your batter to be pouring consistency, if it’s too thick, keep adding more milk until you reach this consistency.
- Heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a large fry pan over medium heat.
- Pour pancake batter into the middle of the pan, approx. 1/3 cup – 1/2 cup batter per pancake or to your desired pancake size.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes over medium-high heat or until bubbles begin to appear on the surface of the pancake. Gently flip pancake over and fry for a further 30 seconds – 1 minute or until golden and cooked through.
- Repeat with remaining batter and glaze pan with more coconut oil to fry.
Serve pancakes with a drizzling of maple syrup, desired amount of ice-cream scoops and a dusting of icing sugar. Here you can top your ice-cream with the ice-cream cones.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 1-2 days.